- Title: Clinical Psychologist (MSc), PhD Candidate
- Education: Bilkent University (BA), King’s College London (MSc), METU (PhD)
- Profession: Individual Psychotherapy (Adult), Family and Couples Therapy, Group Psychotherapy,
- Therapy approaches: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Schema Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (Mindfulness and Self-Compassion)
- Working days: Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- Office: Bağdat Caddesi (Göztepe-Anatolian Side)
- Works with: Depression, Anxiety disorders (Panic disorder, panic attack, general anxiety disorder), Eating disorders (Emotional eating, anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa), Weight control, Personality disorders, Chronic diseases (cancer, cardiovascular diseases, fibromyalgia etc.), Smoking cessation, Relationship problems, Life crisis and adaptation (marriage, divorce, having a child, (un)employment etc.), Loss and grave, Cultural conflicts
Melisa Paker completed the bachelor’s degree at Department of Psychology, Bilkent University with Merit Scholarship and ranked at the first place among other graduates. The bachelor’s degree dissertation was about cognitive aging, decision making and consistency and supported by Scientific and Research Council of Turkey and awarded by Turkish Psychological Association.
She did complete the master’s degree that was supported by EU Jean Monnet Scholarship at King’s College London (MSc Mental Health Studies) where she had training and supervision on cognitive behavioural therapy (adolescents, adults and couples). Meanwhile she has been functioned as assistant psychologist at NHS Foundation Trust, South London and Maudsley Lambeth Hospital. The master’s degree dissertation was about estimating and preventing the short-term (next 24-hours) aggression and violence in psychiatric patients. The dissertation was benefitted in NHS Aggression and Violence Policy making.
Currently, she is having her PhD degree in clinical psychology at Middle East Technical University (METU), Ankara. She did successfully complete all the requirements expect PhD dissertation and now a PhD candidate. She is running the dissertation on somatic symptoms of psychological disorders across different cultures. She was specifically trained in group therapy and cultural psychology.
She had training on neurocognitive music therapy at Barcelona University, Catalan Institute of Music Therapy, and Pompeu Fabra University (2019); on expressive art psychotherapy at Roehampton University, London (2018); on schema therapy (International Institute of Schema Therapy, 2017-2019); on acceptance and commitment therapy (Joe Oliver, PhD, 2018), and on family and couples therapy (Relationship Compass Model, Hürol Fışıloğlu, Prof, 2016).
Between 2015 and 2016, she functioned as clinical psychologist and master of training at Madalyon Psychiatry Center, Ankara. Meanwhile, she adapted the course “Psychopharmacology for Psychologists” from King’s College London to Bilkent University on request. The course was given to senior year students as an elecetive course. Between 2016 and 2019, she functioned as clinical psychologist at Güven Çayyolu Healthy Living Campus, Ankara where she run psychotherapy sessions in Healthy Living Support Programs for oncology and cardiovascular diseases, smoking cessation and weight control, and psychosocial support sessions with geriatric and palliative care patients and their families at Güven Geriatric Health Center. She functioned as clinical psychologist at Madalyon Psychiatry Center, Suadiye and Levent, İstanbul between September and November 2019.
Melisa Paker is running psychotherapies with adults, families and couples in the orientations of cognitive behavioural therapy, schema therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy (mindfulness and self-compassion).
- Individual Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Bağdat Street Office (Göztepe)