- Title: Clinical Psychologist
- Education: Virginia University (BA), Teachers College Columbia University (MSc)
- Profession: Individual therapy (adult and adolescent)
- Therapy Approach: Cognitive behavioral therapy, comprehension centered therapy, somatic experiencing
- Working days: Tuesday and Thursday
- Office: Nişantaşı (European Side)
- Works with: Psycho-oncology, trauma, bereavement and loss, coping with physical diseases, existential problems (death, search for meaning etc.), psychosomatic disorders (physical symptoms caused by psychological reasons) and somatization disorders, stress and anger management problem, eating disorders, self-confidence problems, anxiety disorders (panic attacks, phobias, ocd), mood disorders (depression, bipolar disorder)
Clinical psychologist E. Naz Tanoğlu graduated from Italian High School with Maturita honors and completed her bachelor’s degree in Virginia University in 2013. Following her bachelors, she completed her master’s degree in Teachers College Columbia University in 2016. Her master’s thesis study was on the cultural adaptation of comprehension centered therapy.
During her undergraduate degree, Tanoğlu worked in Wilson Social Psychology Lab as research assistant, focusing on coping with boredom. Following her bachelors, she completed her research assistant internship in Albert Einstein Faculty of Medicine, psycho-oncology department. During her graduate study, Tatoğlu participated in clinical studies of cancer patients’s existential problems and search for meaning in Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Psychiatry department, under the supervision of Prof.Dr. William Breitbart and Dr. Wendy Lichtenthal, she also received several trainings on psychotherapy in palliative maintenance from Breitbart and Lichtenthal. After returning to İstanbul, she translated Individual Comprehension Centered Therapy Guideline for clinical psychologists to Turkish with Dr. Zeynep Armay.
During and after her graduate studies, Tanoğlu completed trainings on comprehension centered therapy to cancer patients and their relatives. In 2016-2017 she completed Cognitive Behavioral therapy theoretical training by Hakan Türkçapar, in 2017-2018 Basic Psychoanalytic Theory training by Yavuz Erten and in 2019 she completed fundamental level trauma training from Trauma Studies Association. Tanoğlu still continues her Somatic Experiencing training, which she started in 2018.
Naz Tanoğlu provides psychotherapy to cancer patients and their relatives in Nişantaşı office of Korto Psychoogy. Her area of expertise are; Psych-oncology, trauma, bereavement and loss, coping with physical diseases, existential problems (death, search for meaning etc.), psychosomatic disorders (physical symptoms caused by psychological reasons) and somatization disorders, stress and anger management problem, eating disorders, self-confidence problems, anxiety disorders (panic attacks, phobias, ocd), mood disorders (depression, bipolar disorder)
Naz Tanoğlu can provide psychotherapy support in English and Italian. She is a member of Turkish Psychologists Assosiation, Couples and Family Therapy Association, international Psycho-oncology society (IPOS) and Psi Chi national honorary society.
- Individual Counseling
- Nişantaşı Office