- Title: Clinical Psychologist (PhD)
- Education: Middle East Technical University (METU) – BA, MA, PhD
- Profession: Individual (Adult) therapy
- Therapy Approach: Psychodynamic therapy, Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Working days: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- Office: Nişantaşı (European Side)
- Works with: Relationship problems, personality disorders, depression, unhappiness, anxiety, panic disorders, obsessive- compulsive disorder, social anxiety, psychosomatic disorders, constructive emotion expression, efficient communication, self-esteem problems, adolescence and related problems, traumatic experiences, sexuality and related problems
Clinical Psychologist Dr. Pınar Kaya Kurtman received her bachelor’s degree from METU Psychology Department. Following that, she completed Clinical Psychology Integrated Doctorate and received the title of Doctor. In her doctorate research, she worked with migraine patients’ expression of negative emotions and its effect on their daily lives and romantic relationships. In this study, she aimed to increase life quality of migraine patients by providing emotion expression group therapies.
She completed internship children in Hacettepe University Hospital Children Mental Health Unit, Numune Research and Training Hospital and Gazi University Medical School Hospital. During her integrated doctorate education years, under the supervision of her instructors’, she provided psychotherapy sessions in METU Ayna Clinical Psychology Unit for 270 hours in total. In 2013-2014 academic year, she provided psychotherapy supervision for clinical psychology master students (120 hours).
During her master and PhD education in METU, she completed trainings and supervisions for Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy and Psychodynamic Approach. Adding to that, she completed Interventions for Crisis Training and Applied Group Psychotherapy Training provided by Associate Prof. Dr. Psych. Çiğdem Soykan. Also, she completed Sexuality and Sexual Functioning Disorders Training provided by CETAD.
In 2014, Dr. Pınar Kaya has started to provide psychotherapy sessions in Istanbul and then, she continued to hold individual and group psychotherapy sessions in a private clinic. In 2015, she started to work with university students in Boğaziçi University Sarıtepe Student Support Unit. She is still voluntarily holding individual and group psychotherapy sessions in Boğaziçi University Student Counseling and Psychological Support Center. Moreover, between 2015 and 2016, she worked as a part-time instructor in Istanbul Arel University.
In Korto (Nişantaşı), Dr. Pınar Kaya Kurtman holds individual and group therapy sessions with adults (over 16). She works with depression, panic and related disorders, personality disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder, social anxiety, personality patterns, romantic relationship problems, close relationship problems, traumatic experiences, sexuality and related problems, somatization, self-esteem problems, and adolescence problems.
- Individual Counseling
- Bağdat Street Office
- Nişantaşı Office